Outstanding Teen Contestant Information
To become a Miss Jefferson County Queen, a contestant must first win a local competition in the Miss America system in the age division in which they are competing. To become Miss Belle of Louisville, a contestant must not have won a previous local competition. To compete in the Miss Jefferson County Scholarship Pageants, you need commitment, perseverance, talent and ambition.
To compete you must -
- Be a young lady between the ages of 13 and 17 (on July 31, 2018)
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss Jefferson County Scholarship Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
Winning a qualifying local pageant is the first step to becoming Miss Kentucky. Miss Jefferson County is a preliminary pageant that is registered through the Miss Kentucky system which allows it’s queen to enter the Miss Kentucky pageant. There are also additional qualifying pageants offered throughout the year across the state. Click the link below to view a list of additional pageants with links, locations, and contact information. Please contact local directors for additional details.
To be eligible to compete in the Miss Kentucky’s Outstanding Teen pageant, you must:
1. Be at least 13 years of age by July 31, 2018 and not older than 17 years of age on July 31, 2018. Also, you must not have graduated from high school unless you are age 16 or younger and graduated early.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a resident of Kentucky for at least six months (with proof of official document establishing residency, ie contestant or parent’s driver’s license, automobile registration, current lease, etc.) or currently be a student at a school in Kentucky (must submit copy of registration form from the school).
4. Must be enrolled in an accredited public, private or home schooling programs with passing scores (passing score as
determined by state accreditation score) in academic and citizenship grades.
5. Have been born a female.
6. Not now nor have been married.
7. Not now nor have ever been pregnant and not the adoptive parents of any child.
8. Be of good moral character and have not been involved at any time in any act of moral turpitude.
9. Other than minor or petty offenses, have never been convicted of any criminal offense and there are no criminal charges
presently pending against you.
10. Be in good health and able to fully participate in pageant activities.
11. Do not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous
12. Have never performed any act or engaged in any activity or employment that is or could be reasonably be characterized as
dishonest, immoral, or indecent.
CLICK HERE to see other 2018 Miss Kentucky Local Preliminaries.