Miss Contestant Information
To become a Miss Jefferson County Queen, a contestant must first win a local competition in the Miss America system in the age division in which they are competing. To become Miss Belle of Louisville, a contestant must not have won a previous local competition. To compete in the Miss Jefferson County Scholarship Pageants, you need commitment, perseverance, talent and ambition.
To compete you must -
- Be a young lady between the ages of 17 and 24
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss Jefferson County Scholarship Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
Winning a qualifying local pageant is the first step to becoming Miss Kentucky. Miss Jefferson County is a preliminary pageant that is registered through the Miss Kentucky system which allows it’s queen to enter the Miss Kentucky pageant. There are also additional qualifying pageants offered throughout the year across the state. Click the link below to view a list of additional pageants with links, locations, and contact information. Please contact local directors for additional details.
To be eligible to compete in a local pageant, you must:
1. Currently be at least 17 years of age and a senior in high school and no older than 24 on July 31, 2018.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a resident of Kentucky for at least six months (with proof of official document establishing residency, ie driver’s license) or
be a student at a college or university in Kentucky, having completed at least one semester as a full time student (at least 12
credit hours) and presently be enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university (must
submit proof) or be a full-time employee working in Kentucky (at least 40 hours per week in Kentucky) for at least six months
immediately prior to this competition and still employed at the present time (must show proof).
4. Have been born female.
5. Not now nor have been married.
6. Not now nor have ever been pregnant and not the adoptive parents of any child.
7. Be of good moral character and have not been involved at any time in any act of moral turpitude.
8. Other than minor or petty offenses, have never been convicted of any criminal offense and there are no criminal charges
presently pending against you. *Note: Miss Belle of Louisville title is reserved for a girl who is new to the Miss Jefferson County system or who has yet to win a local title in this age division.
CLICK HERE to see other 2018 Miss Kentucky Local Preliminaries.